Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Saturday, September 12, 2009

Similar stomping happened on the West coast, as Lisa Leslie and the Sparks took down the Lynx, 90-61.

It was Lisa's final regular-season home game, and she had a hoot, scoring 19pts and grabbing 6 rebounds. Tina, CPark and DMJ also scored in double figures, and as a team, Los Angeles shot 54%.

Leslie was presented lifetime courtside seats to Sparks games, a framed USA basketball jersey, framed photos with messages from Sparks teammates and gold Nike shoes.
Leslie: "The gold shoes are pretty hot. They were heavy. I was thinking are these real gold? I have four gold medals, but those felt pretty good. That was pretty cool. Then all the pictures signed by my teammates. That’s pretty cool. Everything’s cool right now. I don’t know any other word to describe the feeling other than I'm excited to have this opportunity to be a role model. I've won so many awards but the rewards have been even bigger. That is to be a role model for so many people."