Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, September 10, 2009

Well, that clarified nothing. (Except maybe Cheryl is feeling more like herself -- she got a "T")

Detroit walked into the Target Center and suddenly Deanna was human (3-19) and Anna Montanana had a season high 12 points, a key two of them coming with less than minute left. The result? The Lynx squeeeeezed out a 75-72 win and that fourth spot in the West is still open.
"It feels amazing because I have been struggling," the 6-1 forward said. "It was hard for me to adjust to a new league even though everyone was helping me through it. Tonight was just great because now I know I can help this team."
The Lynx are 14-18. Remember when West fans would mock East fan 'cause their teams got into the playoffs with an under-.500 record.

Neener, neener, neener.