Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Friday, December 04, 2009

First Spoon ('s team) plays Van ('s team).

Now she has to play Kim and Leon ('s team).

Sheesh!

From Mechelle: T-spoon takes on mentors at Baylor - Weatherspoon trying to return tradition to former powerhouse Louisiana Tech
It will be inspiring, emotional, fun and yet … weird. Very weird. Saturday, Louisiana Tech coach Teresa Weatherspoon will look over at the other bench in Baylor's Ferrell Center and see two of the most important people in her life. And they will be "the enemy."

"I have butterflies, like I'm about to play," Weatherspoon said of the matchup against Baylor coach Kim Mulkey and assistant Leon Barmore. "I've always gone to battle with them. Now, I'm going to be on the opposite side -- going against them. That's the word that's really bothering me: against. Because they mean the world to me."