Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, December 16, 2009

From Mechelle's blog, some history: Something to believe in?

One of my nephews once brought up the Loch Ness Monster, a topic that delighted me … but forced me to admit that as desperately as I’d like to believe it’s real, I don’t actually think it is.

“Oh, no, it’s real,” he said solemnly. “I saw it on Yahoo, and Yahoo knows almost everything.”

OK, well, who am I to doubt the all-knowing Yahoo?

Now, it’s not like we don’t see things that are wrong on the Internet every day (or maybe every hour), but this one just kind of made me chuckle tonight in reminiscing. It was on one of the Missouri message boards where they were discussing the whole fight/suspension thing involving two Tiger women’s hoops players.