Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Sunday, December 27, 2009

Looking for snow this winter? Check Florida:

Michelle Snow knows what's important.

That's why the Pensacola High graduate and WNBA star made a point Wednesday to stop by the gym at her alma mater and help support the team that is one of the best in the state.

"It's a big deal," said Snow, who graduated from PHS in 1998 and went on to play for Tennessee. "I say that because when I was coming up, I met Michael Jordan and some of the biggest, best athletes in the world. And that they took the time to meet me and to say hello -- just spending two or three minutes getting to know me -- it matters. It made a big difference for me, and I understand now that I'm in a position to do the exact same thing."