Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Monday, December 14, 2009

OK. TOTALLY off topic - but I'm blaming Women's Sports Blog. Well, not totally (OT, not blame), because Michelle Smith is mentioned.... But you must. click. the. link.
Michelle Smith Wins The Internets

First, for the best headline yet about the embarrassing FSU basketball website, "All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go," and second for working Twilight into the lede. I am the first to admit that the books are made of crack, but I'm also a grownup who understands the difference between a real relationship and an abusive one, and can stop every so often and have an 'oh my God, I cannot believe the message of this book' session with my roommate. If you set out on purpose to make a series that was damaging to teenage girls, you couldn't do better than Stephanie Meyer. Here, read the lolcat version instead.
To be clear, yes, of course, click the WSB and Michelle's Fanhouse links. But it's Monday, for goodness sake. You MUST click on the lolcat review of the Twilight series.

Even if you haven't read the books or seen the movies. (And I haven't. Me, I'll take Barbara Hambly's Those Who Hunt the Night, thankyouvery much)