Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The #7 Blue Devils hosted UConn last night and said Rebecca Lobo on Twitter:
I'm impressed by Duke. They are playing hard and attacking. Showing a lot more heart than many of UConn's opponents.
And they still lost by 33.

Kalana Greene slashed and jump shot her way to 18 points and UConn rediscovered their three-point range, shooting 52%.

Noted Duke coach McCallie post-game: "I'm grateful for the experience and disappointed in the outcome."

Mechelle writes about Caroline Doty's visit to the Triangle.
There was that "I'm really here" moment for UConn's Caroline Doty before Monday's 81-48 victory over Duke.

When the Huskies ran out onto the court at Cameron Indoor Stadium, she thought about all that had happened since UConn's Big Monday game here on Tobacco Road a year ago.

"Just hearing everybody boo -- I had a big smile on my face," Doty said. "I thought, 'This is unbelievable; it's something I'll remember for the rest of my life.' And just stuff like when you're inbounding the ball and [the Cameron Crazies] are shaking their hands.

"You see pictures of it in 'Sports Illustrated' when you're growing up. But to be a part of it, to experience it … man, I was smiling."