Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Big Syl checks in: Life in Russia
Okay, for you guys out there who don't know where I play in my off season, I am in Vidnoe, Russia. That's about 30 to 40 minutes away from the city. Playing here is not so bad when you have Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, and Janel McCarville as teammates. They keep me going and I have to say, having them around makes things much better.

I really don't get out too much here. I may go out to eat from time to time with my teammates, but nothing major or juicy to tell you guys. I am more of a home body and I LOVE "me time". The main reason for me being a home body is because it is too cold here, and I don't like it one bit. I spend most of my days drawing, watching movies and talking to my mother through Skype.