Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, February 25, 2010

Could it be that she just doesn't like orange?

Maya Moore had a season-high 38 points and a career-high 20 rebounds to help UConn beat Syracuse 87-66 for its 67th straight victory. (Last year she scored 40 against the Orange.)

The last UConn player to drop 30 and 20? Rebecca Lobo vs. Boston College in 1994.

Said Auriemma post-game:
“I said Maya was going to be horrible today,” Auriemma said. “She had a bad shootaround. She was acting like her typical dopey self like she always does. And then she missed the first couple shots and I said to the players on the bench, ‘You guys think I’m not that smart? I said that Maya was going to be out of it. See, I’m right.’ Thirty-eight points and 20 rebounds later ... They don’t listen to anything I say anymore. They think I’m crazy.