Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

From Q:
As a young budding basketball dork, there were certain games that I determined to be so special that I had to save the ticket stub just in case I had to validate the authenticity of my account by saying, see - I was actually there.

University of California guard Alexis Gray-Lawson's 35-point performance in Cal's 75-68 road win over the University of Washington yesterday was one such performance. Kevin Pelton dropped by to watch the game and certified Gray-Lawson as "legit" in response to those that doubt her. Cal coach Joanne Boyle commented that she was just "in that mode". University of Washington coach Tia Jackson called the performance "unreal". Joe the Swish Appeal photographer said simply that it was the best UW game of the season, despite the loss.