Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Monday night Notre Dame stayed ahead of Rutgers in a tough game at the RAC.


RU came within two in the second half, over and over, but never overtook the visitors: Skylar Diggins showed flashes of amazingness, but didn't exactly take over the game. (Maybe next year.)

Afterwards coach Stringer lost her cool. "When I make the schedule out, I am who I am. I just don’t look for easy games," she exclaimed."But I doggone sure didn’t think we would be losing Epiphanny Prince, how about that? I doggone sure didn’t think we’d be sitting up here with no one who had ever started other than Brittany [Ray]."

Ray, who has her own blog, shot badly last night. She's being asked to do too much; Prince, as you might know, passed up her senior season at Rutgers in order to play in Europe, with the clear expectation that she'll have a place in the WNBA.