Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Saturday, March 13, 2010

By virtue of their 62-54 victory over UAB, Tulane has become Conference USA's rep in the NCAA tourney. With the win, the Green Wave makes their first trip to the Dance in seven years. You'll recall the chaos caused by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

Said coach Lisa Stockton (C-USA COY):
"When you look at what happened to our city, what happened to our campus, our athletic programs being split up with five different schools," she said. "Our president and athletic director did a tremendous job of holding things together but it's not the easiest sell in recruiting when you've gone through a natural disaster like that."

[Chassity]Brown, a Shreveport native, was willing to give the Green Wave a chance."I don't know what I saw but I prayed about it and I asked God to direct me in the right way where he wanted me to be," Brown said. "Obviously, it was here at Tulane for my senior year, to go out with a bang like this."