Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Saturday, March 13, 2010

From Wendy Parker at Basketball Times Online: Tournament Preview.
But the NCAA women's basketball committee has far tougher tasks as it gathers in Indianapolis this weekend to fill out a bracket that could be riddled with teams than in better years wouldn't have the worksheets to get in.

After attending the mock bracket exercise in March, I came away appreciative of how thankless this job is. As the regular season played out, my empathy for those 10 individuals has grown even more. (Then again, I remember that these folks wanted to serve.)

I'm firmly convinced that the more I understand the process, the less I know how this bracket is going to turn out. Fool that I am, I'll throw out a snapshot look at whom I believe are the Top 16 seeds, where they might go, and the conference breakdowns for NCAA bids.