Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Friday, April 02, 2010

As if reading my mind (or my post) Mechelle has a "review" of the coaches' conference calls: He said, she said or Straight from the coaches' mouths

It opens:

There's a way most coaches talk about freshmen … that they are trying to learn a lot in a short amount of time, and thus often get brain overload and might struggle to actually take any of it in.

Then there's the way Oklahoma's Sherri Coale describes it: "It's like they're thirsty for a drink -- and you're spraying them with a water hose."

The instant she said that, I knew that was my "best quote" on a day where I kind of knew how those freshmen feel. We media folks got drenched with insight on Wednesday, aka teleconference day.

Really interesting and fun reading. *Though I swear, Coale is a walking "best quote." Comes from being a teacher and a fabulous, thoughtful writer."*