Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Sunday, April 04, 2010

As the Cal Triple Threat blog put it: Awesome!

Congrats to Cal (and Miami) who made the most of their WNIT experience.

The Bears earned their first WNIT championship by taking down the Hurricanes, 73-61. Great job by the Bears staff and their fans to get butts in the seats (2,000+) bright and early on a Saturday morning.
"I'm incredibly excited for this group," Boyle said. "It's been a long journey. They came into the postseason and made the most of it. They did an unbelievable job today finalizing it."
The game allowed Cal's Alexis Grey-Lawson, the only senior on the team, to end her college career with a victory
"It couldn't have gotten better," Gray-Lawson said. "I can't believe we really won a championship. It was great to be able to win it for everybody. This is the hardest year for me playing with new people around me. I embraced them and they embraced me."