Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, April 15, 2010

From the Missourian, a Q&A with new Missouri women's basketball coach Robin Pingeton

Q: You are bringing your entire ISU staff with you (Randy Norton, Willie Cox, Jenny Putnam). How much easier was it for you knowing your assistants were coming with you?

Pingeton: “I definitely think it helps. We’re a very tight staff, very good friends. We’ve done it once before at Illinois State. It’s amazing to me how much this mirrors where Illinois State was seven years ago. Just to a T. It’s a little eerie to be honest with you.

“(Iowa State head coach) Bill Fennelly gave me great advice when I left (Iowa State as an assistant coach). He said hire the most loyal people you can find and job descriptions will take care of themselves. That’s exactly what I did. Knowing you’re in a foxhole with people that you trust and that have been loyal to you and understanding what it takes and having the same philosophy. I think that’s instrumental.”