Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, June 10, 2010

Helen in TN and at the WBHOF Induction ceremony, plus a little birding, Pt. 1.

Safe and sound and collapsed on a hotel bed. Missed lunch 'cause I hooked up with a local birder and we went up to the Smokies to look for this guy. No luck, but I'll be back bright and early tomorrow AM.

Did see this cutie patootie though. He sounds, I kid you not, like what happens when a kid squeezes a rubber duck.

Random women's basketball history-geek moment: I'll admit, I got a little choked up as the plane was landing, knowing that I was soon going to be able to walk through the Hall and be a witness to all that amazing history.

Random observation: Walking through the airport I see a sign for "Tennessee Market" and I think, "Lady Vols gear!" It's not. I then realize I think of Tennessee first as a women's basketball team and second as a state.

Random conversation: Talked women's basketball, Lady Vols, Lady Mocs and Florida Gators with the guy at the rental car counter.

Random bit of information: On game day, the "Tennessee Navy" sails down the Tennessee River. Must be a fabulous sight to see.

Off to find some dinner.