Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Saturday, June 12, 2010

More WBHOF articles:

From the Star-Telegram: Granbury coach Leta Andrews earns her place among the greatest
Leta Andrews, wearing dress pants, a flowery shirt, and high heels, sprints through a Granbury High School hall, down a flight of stairs, around a corner, and into her office -- a small room adjacent to the school's basketball court. She is 72, but she still lives, and coaches, at hyper speed.
From Carl Adamec at the Journal Enquirer: Lobo fits perfectly in women's hall
“When you set goals for yourself I don’t think anyone ever writes down, ‘I want to get into the Hall of Fame,’ ” Lobo said. “And for me I never thought about this one because growing up in Western Massachusetts I always went to the Naismith Hall of Fame in Springfield.

“When I found out last year I would be inducted I was thrilled. But the farther away I got from having been told, the more excited I get and the more honored I am. And to go in with the class that I’m in is exciting. I’m really looking forward to the weekend.”
From the young AP guy who made the rounds and clearly had done his homework: Lobo: I'm just 1st of many Huskies heading to Hall
Rebecca Lobo doesn't think much of being the first player from seven-time national champion Connecticut to be inducted into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame. To her, she's just the first of many Huskies who will eventually follow coach Geno Auriemma into the Hall.

"I guess it just shows that I'm the oldest," Lobo said Friday.