Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"No you can't! Yes I caaaaaaaaaan!"
Phoenix Suns Head Coach Alvin Gentry followed in Steve Kerr’s footsteps and went ALL IN for the Phoenix Mercury’s WNBA Finals appearance. Gentry has purchased the upper level of US Airways Center for Game 2 vs. Indiana Fever on Thursday, Oct. 1 at 6 p.m. The 7,000 seats are available on a first come, first served basis starting tomorrow at 10 a.m. at the US Airways Center ticket office.

“After watching the game from San Diego and feeling the playoff atmosphere from the crowd, I wanted to show my support for these ladies. We see the hard work they put in on the practice court and in the weight room, and I encourage people to take this opportunity to witness what we see every day,” said Gentry. “I respect and admire Coach Gaines’ position right now and hope that the Suns find the chemistry the Mercury have this season.”